The availability of safe and proper equipment and assistive devices is essential for maintaining the safety, comfort and maximal functioning of the person with ALS.
The ALS equipment program is meant to provide basic and essential equipment for people with ALS, and covers:
- Wheelchairs (manual as well as power driven)
- Commode chair transfer boards
- Bath lifts and other items
- Patient transfer lifts (hydraulic, battery powered)
- Ceiling track systems
- Lift chair
- Hospital beds
- Pressure relief systems and other items
- Basic communication devices might be available for loan.
- Limited financial assistance is also available for ADP-assisted devices.
For more information please use one of the following links: